Cindy Medeiros - Connors, PsyD (In Progress), MACP, BSCJ
3rd Year PsyD Doctoral Student (Specializing in Grief & Loss / Trauma)
Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology
Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice & Organizational Leadership
Registered / Certified and Trained in the following Specialties:
- Certified EMDR Specialist (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) (for: Children, Youth and Adults)
- ART (Accelerated Resolution Therapy)
- Advanced BLAST Hypnotherapy
- Play Therapy / Sandplay / Art Therapy / Sensorimotor Therapy
- Mindfulness / Solution Focused
- Complex Trauma / Clinical / Intergenerational Trauma
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Circle of Security (Facilitator) - Attachment Based Therapy for Parents/Caregivers
Cindy Medeiros-Connors currently holds a Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology and is a 3rd year PsyD Doctoral Student Specializing in Grief & Loss / Trauma. Cindy also holds two Bachelor Degrees in Criminal Justice and Organizational Leadership
Cindy is registered with several associations which include:
- Registered with The Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta; (ACTA), soon to be the CCTA The College of Counselling Therapy of Alberta.
- Registered C.C.C with The Canadian Psychotherapy Association (CCPA);
- Masters in Counselling Psychology Degree
- Bachelor Degrees is Criminal Justice & Organizational Leadership
- Registered & Certified EMDR Therapist with EMDR CANADA & EMDRIA Association;
- Registered with ART (Accelerated Resolution Therapy) Rosenzweig Centre for Rapid Recovery
- Specialized Play Therapist with the Play Therapy Training Academy of Australia;
- Certified Advanced BLAST Practitioner with Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy
- Trained Facilitator in Circle of Security - Attachment Based for Parents & Caregivers
Cindy has worked with Children, Adolescents and Families for 21 years; which includes 12 years of direct counselling and therapy services to children, adolescents, adults and families and 11 years in Critical Response, Forensic Interviewing, and Crisis Intervention Work.
Cindy specializes in Therapy services for Children, Youth and Adults, while utilizing specialized approaches and professional therapist modalities that work within complex trauma, behavioural and Conduct disorders, stress, anxiety, emotional disorders, attachment, disassociation and parent / family supportive services.
Cindy has significant experience working within crisis intervention / first responder, and Child Intervention services. This included working with families directly involved with Government Intervention Services and Court related processes (such as Voice of the child; divorce or separation; custody & access; child intervention cases, and direct parent / family support).
Cindy currently provides Therapy services to children/youth within the ages of 3-18 years of age, as well as Therapy to Adults and Family Therapy. As well as Parental and Family support services.
(Please see "THERAPY-SERVICES" tab for specialized services)
Cindy's approach is a combination of Eclecticism and Multitheoretical approach; this framework allows a combined intervention from more than one theoretical source based on the client's individual needs, which allows techniques based on their efficiency/effectiveness.
Call today, and we can discuss the best approach and needs for you and your family.
Angela Fontaine, MACP, BEd, BHLsc, BA
Angela Fontaine was born and raised in Fort McMurray.
Angela’s academic background includes a Sociology degree and Health Science degree in Addictions Counselling from the University of Lethbridge, Education Degree from the University of Alberta and Masters in Counselling Psychology from the University of Yorkville.
Working 18 yrs with the Catholic School board as a teacher, with the last 2 yrs working as a school counsellor, Angela likes to use modalities such as Narrative Therapy, MCBT, CBT and DBT in a collaborative approach when working with children, parents and families struggling with mental health issues.
Angela is passionate about connecting and building relationships with the clients she is working with by individualizing their wellness journey to their specific needs.